Kingston Bike Rally | October 2, 2021
Kingston Bike Rally | Saturday, October 2
starting at 3 PM
Meet at Skeleton Park at 3PM
Facebook event link: https://fb.me/e/1h5a3EWRF
All riders out for the Kingston Bike Rally! Show your support for safe riding streets in Kingston as we all meet at Skeleton Park and ride down Princess Street as one big party.
Let’s ride together! Cyclists, wheelchair riders, skateboarders, rollerbladers, one-wheelers, e-bikers, and walkers alike! When we work together, Kingston can become a safer and more accessible space for all of us.
This event is organized by the Kingston Coalition for Active Transportation who has been helping to transform Kingston for more than a decade.
- Meet friends locally and converge at Skeleton Park (McBurney Park) at 3PM. (see map)
- Bike or ride together down Princess St. and other downtown streets ending at Confederation Park sometime between 3PM-4PM.
- No need to register in advance, just show up and ride any way you like.
- If you miss us, show up at Confederation Park between 3PM-4PM and meet us all there.
- Please wear a mask and stay 2 metres apart.
- As this ride is explicitly for all ages and those with multiple abilities, the ride together will be relatively slow, think more like a parade
- We will have volunteer ‘street chaperones’ in front, behind, and at every major intersection wearing safety vests to block cars to make sure everyone is happy, safe, and together.
Help us promote
- Sign up and promote our facebook event: https://fb.me/e/1h5a3EWRF
- Print and distribute our poster using this link: https://bit.ly/bikerally2021
Host a local meet-up
- Organize a meet-up in your local neighbourhood and converge with the rest of us at Skeleton Park. Let us know if you’re hosting a meet-up and we’ll let others know it’s happening.
Rain date will be Sunday, October 3rd at the same time
(Media Spokesperson: Nico Koenig, email@example.com, 613.265.5599)